Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A file having no internal hierarchy.
- ‘Again, this could be done without a database - just dump it into flat files for all I care.’
- ‘She briefly reviews the transition of flat files, hierarchical data models, network data models, and relational data models in database management systems.’
- ‘Also, using databases rather than flat files to store messages has an obvious performance benefit.’
- ‘Other types of databases or even flat files may be used for data mining, but are more cumbersome and time-consuming to work with.’
- ‘As I don't have a database on this site, I've been using flat files.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.