One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It ended as flashily as it had started.’
- ‘Imperial Teen do it more flashily and interestingly, but the odd thing about Track Star is that it's precisely their lack of being interesting that makes them charming.’
- ‘At times they seemed to spend it flashily just because they could.’
- ‘Perhaps he was trying to win too flashily, or perhaps he had one too many vodkas the night before.’
- ‘The buildings were made of wood, some poorly made, some made rather flashily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.