One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of a very intense flash of light to bring about decomposition or dissociation in a heated gas, usually as a means of generating and studying short-lived molecules.
- ‘Relaxation experiments such as flash photolysis and temperature jump experiments are excellent for measuring dynamics on the microsecond timescale if the dynamics of interest can be synchronized.’
- ‘Both these mechanisms were studied by laser flash photolysis, which was used to monitor the formation of any reactive products upon excitation of aloe emodin.’
- ‘The authors used emission spectroscopy, laser flash photolysis and pulse radiolysis to measure a series of photophysical parameters of curcumin.’
- ‘One alternative approach is to use caged compounds, which can generate an active compound from a biologically inactive precursor by flash photolysis.’
- ‘The photochemistry of ninhydrin in benzene and water was studied by laser flash photolysis and electron paramagnetic resonance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.