One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Photography involving the use of a camera attachment that produces a brief very bright light, used in poor light.‘flash photography is not permitted’
- ‘At the interval, an announcement came not to use flash photography.’
- ‘Flash photography has entered a new age with the digital technology.’
- ‘Apparently it is an offence to use flash photography anywhere on the Underground.’
- ‘Few people know that he suffered from a major epileptic fit, caused from flash photography.’
- ‘They were early adherents of the exclusive use of flash photography for portraiture.’
- ‘The smart money is now buying number plate protectors that become opaque with flash photography!’
- ‘It is often noticed in photographs where flash photography has been used.’
- ‘The light used for flash photography will flash briefly whenever an alert occurs.’
- ‘There will be no flash photography or video lighting allowed during the performance.’
- ‘The audience gave this a much warmer reception than the opening piece, with lots of flash photography taking place at the end.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.