One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Photography involving the use of a camera attachment that produces a brief very bright light, used in poor light.‘flash photography is not permitted’
- ‘There will be no flash photography or video lighting allowed during the performance.’
- ‘They were early adherents of the exclusive use of flash photography for portraiture.’
- ‘The audience gave this a much warmer reception than the opening piece, with lots of flash photography taking place at the end.’
- ‘The light used for flash photography will flash briefly whenever an alert occurs.’
- ‘At the interval, an announcement came not to use flash photography.’
- ‘The smart money is now buying number plate protectors that become opaque with flash photography!’
- ‘Few people know that he suffered from a major epileptic fit, caused from flash photography.’
- ‘Flash photography has entered a new age with the digital technology.’
- ‘It is often noticed in photographs where flash photography has been used.’
- ‘Apparently it is an offence to use flash photography anywhere on the Underground.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.