One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man who dresses or behaves ostentatiously.‘we don't like flash jacks hanging round our girls’
- ‘I let out that I am pretty well acquainted with the young man—the 'flash Jack' they have been discussing.’
- ‘Their hearts and applause went out to the manager, to the flash-jacks of bits of Broadway successes of the past.’
- ‘He's a Flash Jack, plays polo, wants his own plane next, I'm told.’
- ‘Now the banks have had to go back to steady eddies after the flash jacks have had their wicked way.’
- ‘You are not so easily conned by English-speaking flash jacks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.