Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small electronic device containing flash memory that is used for storing data or transferring it to or from a computer, digital camera, etc.
- ‘But this particular flash drive is really tiny and in our minds that makes keeping track of it a serious priority especially if it's being used to transport sensitive data.’
- ‘The boy turned the computer on, plugged in the flash drive he had brought with him, and got to work.’
- ‘There may be a situation where a 128MB or 256MB flash drive may not be enough though.’
- ‘He'd pick it up on his pen flash drive before he left for home.’
- ‘Now go ahead and re-insert the flash drive into an available USB port.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.