One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small electronic device containing flash memory that is used for storing data or transferring it to or from a computer, digital camera, etc.
- ‘Now go ahead and re-insert the flash drive into an available USB port.’
- ‘But this particular flash drive is really tiny and in our minds that makes keeping track of it a serious priority especially if it's being used to transport sensitive data.’
- ‘There may be a situation where a 128MB or 256MB flash drive may not be enough though.’
- ‘He'd pick it up on his pen flash drive before he left for home.’
- ‘The boy turned the computer on, plugged in the flash drive he had brought with him, and got to work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.