One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An extremely rapid decline in the price of one or more commodities or securities, typically one caused by automated trading.‘high frequency trading can trigger a flash crash’
- ‘After the flash crash, the Securities and Exchange Commission moved quickly to apply a Band-Aid in the form of circuit breakers to limit daily price moves.’
- ‘On Wall Street, traders put last week's flash crash behind them.’
- ‘The resulting loss of bids entering the market coupled with automated stop-loss sellers created the flash crash.’
- ‘The flash crash highlights how the market can take on a life of its own.’
- ‘Look at the costs imposed by the May 2010 Flash Crash.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.