One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A card containing a small amount of information, held up for pupils to see, as an aid to learning.
- ‘If you are writing the numbers down, you can make flashcards.’
- ‘A set of flashcards that were made from photocopies of the cards from the two decks were used as well.’
- ‘I know it's a bit complicated for him - maybe you could use the flashcards with him to explain.’
- ‘Some people have thousands of flashcards organized alphabetically by topic.’
- ‘The classes here are fun to teach but very poorly resourced, based largely around boring textbooks and flashcards, with most classes being about 3 hours a week.’
- ‘The handmade flashcards were not helping my nephew Clayton.’
- ‘Witnesses used flashcards with the words written out instead of saying them in court.’
- ‘Well, I'd start by putting away the flashcards.’
- ‘I'll order her textbooks for next year, but for now we'll probably just use your old books and flashcards.’
- ‘Create flashcards - put topics or questions on the front and answers on the back.’
- ‘We have various learning toys and aids in our home and there are many lessons taking place each day (at home and away) but I have never drilled him on facts or even used flashcards.’
- ‘In a French lesson for six children aged 10 and 11, the assistant head used pictorial flashcards to keep the children amused.’
- ‘I saw a few juniors I knew sitting on a few brick steps on the side of the school building as they quizzed each other with flashcards.’
- ‘They asked 109 children (boys and girls) to identify creatures depicted on a series of 20 flashcards.’
- ‘The flashcards are all word cards, and a huge bunch they are.’
- ‘Chloe put her books away after studying and making flashcards for the final.’
- ‘Although this lacks the lively graphics of the BBC site, it uses a simple and fast-loading form of presentation to teach simple German through the use of flashcards, games and word searches.’
- ‘He smiled gently, putting the flashcards into a pocket.’
- ‘Rance took out a cardboard flashcard and shoved it stubbornly at the two month old Alex's face.’
- ‘They themselves may not have much in attention spans either, but flashcards are still only entertaining for so long.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.