One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A burn caused by sudden intense heat, e.g. from a nuclear explosion.
- ‘The flash of thermal radiation produces these flash burns right after the explosion.’
- ‘The heat from this arc can cause superficial flash burns to exposed body parts, typically the face and hands.’
- ‘He was blown clear of the house onto the pavement outside and found suffering from flash burns, cuts and bruises.’
- ‘All of her wounds had been cauterized by the flash burns, which kept her from bleeding to death.’
- ‘The survivors had severe flash burns and required grafting on both hands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.