One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually in combination Wearing flannel trousers.‘a rather stout boy, grey-flannelled, pulling off a school cap’
- ‘But all changed when Freddy Flintoff and his flannelled friends took on the Australians, and won.’
- ‘The sight of white flannelled fools on a green meadow brings a smile to the faces of those who despise sport.’
- ‘If that were so, it would be a shocking injustice to a flannelled gentleman who, by all accounts, played his cricket with immeasurable grace and infinite style.’
- ‘Add a few flannelled fools chasing a cricket ball, children running and squealing, grandmas snoozing, sausages sizzling, and it's the perfect picture of a Saturday afternoon at a local Aussie oval.’
- ‘‘They should go back to where they belong,’ says one of the flanneled fools.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.