One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The provision of a flange or flanges on an object.‘the rim displays the same flanging’
- ‘Among the additions are special fillers, drilling, etching, flaring, flanging, retractable coiling, shrinking over mandrels, light product assembly, scoring, and slitting.’
- ‘Capturing all the physics involved affects the final panel quality and geometry after trimming, springback, and flanging.’
2The alteration of sound using a flanger.
- ‘I think it's from some kind of delay or flanging or something.’
- ‘You can add effects such as reverb, chorus and flanging.’
- ‘On ‘The Chimes of Big Ben’ and ‘The General,’ audible flanging can be heard on the audio, often obscuring the dialogue (especially on ‘Chimes’).’
- ‘I'll also use effects for harmonizing and flanging.’
- ‘Effects include chorus, flanging and echo, and all are MIDI-synchable; external audio can be piped through the effects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.