One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The provision of a flange or flanges on an object.‘the rim displays the same flanging’
- ‘Capturing all the physics involved affects the final panel quality and geometry after trimming, springback, and flanging.’
- ‘Among the additions are special fillers, drilling, etching, flaring, flanging, retractable coiling, shrinking over mandrels, light product assembly, scoring, and slitting.’
2The alteration of sound using a flanger.
- ‘Effects include chorus, flanging and echo, and all are MIDI-synchable; external audio can be piped through the effects.’
- ‘You can add effects such as reverb, chorus and flanging.’
- ‘I think it's from some kind of delay or flanging or something.’
- ‘I'll also use effects for harmonizing and flanging.’
- ‘On ‘The Chimes of Big Ben’ and ‘The General,’ audible flanging can be heard on the audio, often obscuring the dialogue (especially on ‘Chimes’).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.