One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of trees with brilliant red flowers.See also flamboyant
- ‘A dozen native trees will be saved, including melaleucas, coolamons, conifers, a flame tree and a lilly pilly.’
- ‘One trail led through thick fig-tree roots, berry-covered bushes, and massive flame trees to the island's 400-foot crest.’
- ‘There were two lounges, a desk, a large orange coloured bed and a potted Mizami flame tree in a corner.’
- ‘The flame trees and lillypillies from the original site have now been returned.’
- ‘We had a huge flame tree in the front yard, and the mechanic's pit in the garage had been converted into a bomb shelter, covered by corrugated metal roofing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.