One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of a brilliant orange-red colour.‘she is proud of her flame-coloured hair’
- ‘His hair and beard are flame-colored.’
- ‘The lad laughed and ran his hand through his thick, flame-coloured hair.’
- ‘The deep blue cloak which was thrown over his shoulders was lined with flame-coloured silk.’
- ‘It is a fragrant evergreen tree with flame-coloured bark.’
- ‘An old man dressed in flame-coloured robes was standing in the entrance leaning on a staff.’
- ‘The banner is the Horned Shield on a flame-colored background with buckskin fringe.’
- ‘The waistcoat is embellished with multicolored embroidery, buttons, and flame-colored trimmings.’
- ‘She was decked out as she was in fabulous flame-coloured silk.’
- ‘Yellowing green and flame-coloured leaves carpet the unevenly cobbled courtyard.’
- ‘She wears a brilliant flame-coloured taffeta cloak.’
- ‘Lily was blessed with her mother's flame coloured locks, and mischievous streak.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.