One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pastry consisting of thin light layers when baked.
- ‘I had to try one from several bakeries, since it's once of my favorite desserts: layers of flaky pastry baked with plenty of salted butter and sugar, until it's all dark, crisp, and caramelized.’
- ‘The chocolate butter tart is outstanding, with flaky pastry, a rich filling and lots of pecans.’
- ‘My dad, a steak and kidney pie connoisseur, was impressed with his dish, which consisted of thick chunks of beef in a sea of gravy, covered with a layer of flaky pastry.’
- ‘Modern Banbury cakes are small and oval, made of light flaky pastry with a crisp top achieved by a powdering of sugar before baking.’
- ‘There were rather nice samosas too, crisp flaky pastry stuffed with coarse-minced but tender lamb, potato cubes and peas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.