One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vehicle used to transport alcoholic drink to an Aboriginal settlement.‘the flagon wagons run less regularly than they used to’
- ‘We keep an eye on the drinkers and the flagon wagons.’
- ‘The land is littered with hunting cars, flipped from chasing kangaroos, and flagon wagons.’
- ‘The car had run out of petrol, all right, but it was a 'flagon wagon' and all of the men waiting were badly drunk.’
- ‘That thing is nearly as bad as the two "Flagon Wagons".’
- ‘The flagon wagon has gone almost off-balance upon the curb stone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.