One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An airline owned or formerly owned by a specified state.‘the European Commission blocked its attempt to buy Aer Lingus shortly after the Irish flag carrier was privatised’
- ‘The government owns 93% of its flag carrier.’
- ‘The day of the national flag carrier is over, she believes.’
- ‘The aerospace analyst said at least three other European flag carriers may lose the fight for survival.’
- ‘The board of directors has decided to lay off 15 of the total of 58 pilots of the national flag carrier.’
- ‘The Swiss stepped in to rescue Swissair, its grounded flag carrier, with an emergency injection of €303 million.’
- ‘The flag carrier now faces a new round of strikes from April 1.’
- ‘Creating the world's largest airline, the two flag carriers first announced the coming together back in September.’
- ‘The French flag carrier also took an option to buy four more A380-800s.’
- ‘A few amendments have been made to our duties: high-profile patrols; extra security on the transatlantic flights and UK flag carriers.’
- ‘Sales of $682 million made it Italy's No. 2 airline after flag carrier Alitalia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.