One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A list of the dates and teams involved in the scheduled sporting events for a particular sport or team.‘the Premier League fixture list’‘Liverpool face a tough fixture list’
- ‘York Wasps have been guaranteed some bumper home crowds thanks to the new Rugby League Premiership fixture list.’
- ‘The Super League fixture list was extended to allow the game's biggest rivals to go head-to-head three times a year.’
- ‘Clare, who has been an avid Blues fan for more than 40 years, had chosen the date to fit in with City's fixture list.’
- ‘Look out for the fixture lists on the website, and come along to support the University teams on Wednesday afternoons!’
- ‘Premiership footballers complain of fatigue as early as October with their crammed fixture lists.’
- ‘The fixture list for the next few months is filling up fast.’
- ‘The fixture list for the new season is out.’
- ‘There are new fixture lists for the 2nd and 3rd XVs, who have joined the new North West Intermediate Leagues.’
- ‘The fixture list took us away to Doncaster.’
- ‘The Irish Horseracing Authority has published its race fixture list for next year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.