One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A list of the dates and teams involved in the scheduled sporting events for a particular sport or team.‘the Premier League fixture list’‘Liverpool face a tough fixture list’
- ‘Look out for the fixture lists on the website, and come along to support the University teams on Wednesday afternoons!’
- ‘There are new fixture lists for the 2nd and 3rd XVs, who have joined the new North West Intermediate Leagues.’
- ‘Clare, who has been an avid Blues fan for more than 40 years, had chosen the date to fit in with City's fixture list.’
- ‘The fixture list for the next few months is filling up fast.’
- ‘The fixture list took us away to Doncaster.’
- ‘The Super League fixture list was extended to allow the game's biggest rivals to go head-to-head three times a year.’
- ‘Premiership footballers complain of fatigue as early as October with their crammed fixture lists.’
- ‘The Irish Horseracing Authority has published its race fixture list for next year.’
- ‘The fixture list for the new season is out.’
- ‘York Wasps have been guaranteed some bumper home crowds thanks to the new Rugby League Premiership fixture list.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.