One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A liability to a creditor which relates to specific assets of a company.Compare with floating charge
- ‘The conceptual distinction between a floating charge and a fixed charge is complicated by the fact that a fixed charge may cover future assets and attach as soon as the debtor acquires those assets.’
- ‘The 2000 Sydney Olympic Games and a slowdown in global economic growth also contributed to the decline in earnings before fixed charges and management fees, the report said.’
- ‘The reasons for this appear relatively simple, banks like to secure loans with a fixed charge over the assets of a company and most resellers don't have or need a significant asset base to operate.’
- ‘Of course he was paid and it is a little unfair in a general sense, but it is not unfair when one realises that the bank at all times could direct things and in fact had a fixed charge over all the assets.’
- ‘In deciding whether a charge is a fixed charge or a floating charge, the Court is engaged in a two-stage process.’
- ‘The judge gave two examples of fixed charges over assets which are defeasible at the will of the chargor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.