Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A player positioned between the scrum half and the three-quarters.
- ‘He thinks Dan Carter is one of the best first five-eighths in the world.’
- ‘He is definitely a five-eighth because he likes to glide across the field rather than take on the opposition and he also possesses a strong left-foot kicking game, which is an advantage in any team.’
- ‘But I was probably a better five-eighth than Mark was and he was only an average fullback compared to me anyway.’
- ‘His first five-eighth made some clever solo runs.’
- ‘The five-eighth was able to take full advantage of his forward pack's size and strength to dominate the fringes of the ruck and score three tries.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.