One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A player positioned between the scrum half and the three-quarters.
- ‘He is definitely a five-eighth because he likes to glide across the field rather than take on the opposition and he also possesses a strong left-foot kicking game, which is an advantage in any team.’
- ‘The five-eighth was able to take full advantage of his forward pack's size and strength to dominate the fringes of the ruck and score three tries.’
- ‘His first five-eighth made some clever solo runs.’
- ‘But I was probably a better five-eighth than Mark was and he was only an average fullback compared to me anyway.’
- ‘He thinks Dan Carter is one of the best first five-eighths in the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.