One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room in a shop in which one can try on clothes before deciding whether to purchase them.
- ‘‘Okay,’ I said hesitantly, walking into of the fitting rooms.’
- ‘The space is flooded with natural light from a very large storefront window, and the fitting rooms are spacious and draped with dramatic burgundy velvet curtains.’
- ‘‘Thanks,’ I said, and stepped back into the fitting room to change back into my normal clothes.’
- ‘I headed to the fitting room and began trying on the clothes.’
- ‘I slunk into the fitting room wishing I'd devoted the morning to cleaning the bathroom, or learning to crochet.’
- ‘‘The fitting rooms are right over there’ she said, pointing to a room in the back of the store.’
- ‘She said women were going into a small foyer next to the fitting rooms to give their men's clothes the once-over, but that some strayed into the actual changing room area.’
- ‘Eventually, I find myself in the fitting rooms.’
- ‘I took the dress from him and went into one of the fitting rooms.’
- ‘Hurriedly, I left the fitting rooms, and walked to the other side of the department store, and grabbed my cell phone out of my back pocket.’
- ‘He abhorred the idea of wasting valuable retail space on fitting rooms but recognised that if a shop had nowhere to try on clothes, customers would have to do so at home.’
- ‘I go into the fitting rooms and start to try on the jackets.’
- ‘There is absolutely no heat in the fitting rooms.’
- ‘‘I don't know,’ Justine rubbed her chin as I came out from the fitting room with my regular clothes on.’
- ‘Between forays to the fitting rooms, customers can relax on the store's large, comfortable sofas and contemplate purchases as they sip the complimentary refreshments or search magazines for inspiration.’
- ‘I had a cart full of clothes and was waiting for a fitting room to become available.’
- ‘Taylor walked down the halls and to the fitting room where Rochelle was just finishing up another girl, who had a ripped seam.’
- ‘They entered a small hallway that led to individual fitting rooms.’
- ‘Jordan disappeared back into the fitting room and put back on her regular clothes.’
- ‘I wandered around, made my choice and disappeared into the small chamber of horrors known as the fitting room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.