Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A room with exercise equipment in a leisure centre or similar building.
- ‘Proposals include a major overhaul of the leisure facilities, which will see a new health and fitness suite installed.’
- ‘There is also a large indoor sports centre with squash courts, sports halls and a state of the art fitness suite.’
- ‘Tours of the fitness suite will be offered by staff.’
- ‘The interior will feature a four-court sports hall and fitness suite with 30 machines, plus a dance and activity room.’
- ‘Customers using the old fitness suite on the lower floor had complained the room was stuffy and claustrophobic.’
- ‘The fitness suite, which is expected to cater for 50,000 visits this year, is to be doubled in size.’
- ‘The card also controls access to the college's fitness suite.’
- ‘Staff and students at the school are celebrating after being awarded more than £1.5 million towards a new sports hall and fitness suite.’
- ‘Past the reception to the left is the spacious fitness suite.’
- ‘Pupils enjoy a well-equipped gymnasium and fitness suite, as well as all-weather tennis and netball courts and grass rugby and hockey pitches.’
- ‘The money has been spent on converting the former multi-purpose room into a high-tech fitness suite, which is available to all members of the community.’
- ‘Looking to the future, a new pool, gym, and fitness suite is an exciting development for leisure in York.’
- ‘The college's training facilities are very good indeed and we are particularly keen to take advantage of the excellent fitness suite at the college.’
- ‘The hotel offers swimming pools, a squash court, fitness suite, sauna and steam room and beauty treatments.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.