Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to boxing.
- ‘Only in the recent years he has finally started to get the status that his fistic achievements have deserved him.’
- ‘An accomplished amateur, his progress up the fistic ladder was on its way.’
- ‘The late 60's and early 70's spawned an array of fistic talent in the heavyweight division.’
- ‘As a fighter, he was and is the most complete Heavyweight Champion in fistic history.’
- ‘It's a good read and it will bring back a lot of fond fistic memories.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.