One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for atom bomb
- ‘Therefore, a single fission bomb, using nuclear energy, might destroy a whole city.’
- ‘Hydrogen bombs (H-bombs) promised yields measured in megatons rather than the kilotons of fission bombs.’
- ‘Whether terrorists could obtain the requisite weapons design expertise to manufacture a fission bomb (or to decode the elaborate safety devices of an illegally obtained one) is uncertain, although they may have tried to do so.’
- ‘This new, hollow design used less uranium and more plutonium and created a more powerful explosion as well as a smaller, lighter fission bomb.’
- ‘The bomb was a fission bomb, created by the disintegration of plutonium 239 mixed with uranium 235.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.