One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for atom bomb
- ‘Therefore, a single fission bomb, using nuclear energy, might destroy a whole city.’
- ‘The bomb was a fission bomb, created by the disintegration of plutonium 239 mixed with uranium 235.’
- ‘This new, hollow design used less uranium and more plutonium and created a more powerful explosion as well as a smaller, lighter fission bomb.’
- ‘Hydrogen bombs (H-bombs) promised yields measured in megatons rather than the kilotons of fission bombs.’
- ‘Whether terrorists could obtain the requisite weapons design expertise to manufacture a fission bomb (or to decode the elaborate safety devices of an illegally obtained one) is uncertain, although they may have tried to do so.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.