One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fishing rod, especially a simple one with no reel.
- ‘The fishing pole holder uses clasps that fit into the rails and keeps disassembled fishing poles secure during transport.’
- ‘Sometimes they became fishing poles or even kites.’
- ‘Keep the thumb on top and snap the wrist like you are using a hammer or casting a fishing pole.’
- ‘Simply get a fishing pole, put a hook on the line and find a spot.’
- ‘The people who had packed the pier from railing to railing for the grand opening were gone, leaving behind just a few bundled-up regulars with fishing poles, coolers and carts.’
- ‘A short perennial grass used to make measuring rods, walking sticks, fishing poles and musical instruments.’
- ‘We had a pack of food and sleeping bags and two fishing poles, but no swimming suits.’
- ‘He rises slowly from the edge of the stream, takes a moment to catch his breath, and finally starts to make a fishing pole out of a small log lying near by.’
- ‘He tugged on the fishing pole, then let out some more of the line.’
- ‘Police hunting cunning car thieves who use fishing poles and hooks to get their hands on the keys to high powered cars have made a series of arrests.’
- ‘The dark-haired boy leaned over to pick up his fishing pole.’
- ‘Then I find this manual that tells me about fishing poles and bait, and how to cast and what to do when the line gets taut.’
- ‘He takes back the bag and grabs a fishing pole and starts to hook a gummy worm onto the hook.’
- ‘They baited the little fishing poles and began at once.’
- ‘Well, we're going to take some of our fishing poles to the beach tomorrow.’
- ‘Darren frowned and hobbled over to the fishing poles.’
- ‘He put his fishing pole between two rocks and waded into the water.’
- ‘And we need to make sure we have supplies like fire wood and things to make fishing poles with.’
- ‘I grabbed a fishing pole and walked down an isle.’
- ‘Using this resource material, campers learned how to make simple fishing poles using aluminum cans and how to identify the different types of fish they would catch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.