One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A boat used in catching fish for food.‘gulls are attracted to fishing boats’
- ‘It is understood that the fishing boat was seized in the same area.’
- ‘We prepared to fly fishery-protection patrol around the northwest side, looking for illegal fishing boats.’
- ‘Scottish fishing boats took the survivors and possessions to Anstruther in Fife.’
- ‘The next year he started working as a deckhand on a fishing boat.’
- ‘He now works as a charter fishing boat captain.’
- ‘He thought his number was up when his fishing boat capsized and his life jacket was swept away.’
- ‘It was an ancient, wooden fishing boat.’
- ‘A few survivors were rescued by Indonesian fishing boats twenty hours later.’
- ‘It was a small converted fishing boat with a little diesel engine.’
- ‘Those who want more activity can charter a deep-sea fishing boat, with a chance to bring home dinner.’
- ‘Farther along the wharf we find a small fleet of fishing boats bobbing in a slick of diesel.’
- ‘Occasional lights in the distance are small fishing boats at work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.