A woman who catches fish, especially for a living.
- ‘The fisherwomen take anything you give for the fish.’
- ‘She was a keen fisherwoman, she loved and collected books, and she was a prodigious letter writer.’
- ‘The fishermen and fisherwomen formed a Free Society of Fishermen to defend their legal rights and to protect the widowed and orphaned.’
- ‘A local fisherwoman said that even with the lower fuel costs, fishermen and women would still face financial losses.’
- ‘A fisherman was more likely to have his name and occupational title noted than a fisherwoman.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.