One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kitchen utensil with a broad flat blade for lifting fish and fried foods.
- ‘Lift them from the pan with a fish slice or palette knife and place them on a shallow dish.’
- ‘Carefully turn the fillets over with a fish slice and grill for a further three minutes, or until just cooked.’
- ‘Lift onto plates using a fish slice then squeeze the lemon over each one.’
- ‘Then, using a fish slice, place the chicken breasts on top of the onions, and serve at once with salad and bread.’
- ‘Pick up with a fish slice and place on top of the lettuce.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.