One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Stop vacillating and decide to act on or disengage from something.‘when it comes to flagging brands, companies are being forced to fish or cut bait’
- ‘At some point in a long distance/physical strangers relationship, you realize it's time to fish or cut bait.’
- ‘By the second season of any TV show, you usually know if it's going to fish or cut bait.’
- ‘Since this man loves fishing, he will no doubt understand when you tell him to fish or cut bait, that you are moving with the children and he is welcome to accept a job and join you.’
- ‘‘When Ben decided he wanted to come back, we knew we had to fish or cut bait,’ says Cris.’
- ‘After more than two and a half years of studying ocean ills and opportunities, a blue-ribbon panel of experts says it's time to fish or cut bait.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.