One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A market where fish is sold.‘we have a very good fish market’
- ‘Fish is a common source of protein throughout Vietnam, and open-air fish markets are extremely popular.’
- ‘The pungent scent of the old Fulton Fish Market hung in the breeze.’
- ‘He wants to sell his catch at the fish market.’
- ‘Each day, I make my way to the town's lively fish market.’
- ‘I've been brought up on this great fish and Grimsby's fish market is the best place to get it.’
- ‘The fish market on the port at St Tropez is great too.’
- ‘His father was a porter at Billingsgate fish market.’
- ‘We have a very good fish market and a decent fruit and veg market fairly near us.’
- ‘There are also schools, a traditional market and a fish market nearby.’
- ‘Fifty years ago the banks of the Yamuna used to be home to thriving fish markets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.