One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A market where fish is sold.‘we have a very good fish market’
- ‘Fifty years ago the banks of the Yamuna used to be home to thriving fish markets.’
- ‘Each day, I make my way to the town's lively fish market.’
- ‘There are also schools, a traditional market and a fish market nearby.’
- ‘He wants to sell his catch at the fish market.’
- ‘The pungent scent of the old Fulton Fish Market hung in the breeze.’
- ‘The fish market on the port at St Tropez is great too.’
- ‘His father was a porter at Billingsgate fish market.’
- ‘Fish is a common source of protein throughout Vietnam, and open-air fish markets are extremely popular.’
- ‘I've been brought up on this great fish and Grimsby's fish market is the best place to get it.’
- ‘We have a very good fish market and a decent fruit and veg market fairly near us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.