One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ground dried fish or plant matter used as feed for fish.‘I'd bought some fish food to feed the carp’
- ‘Flakes of fish food swelled and bobbed on the water's surface.’
- ‘Go to the grocery store for fish food.’
- ‘Commercial fish food is designed to offer a nutrient-rich and balanced diet.’
- ‘I dropped a few of the fish food pellets into the water.’
- ‘My heart was pounding, but the idea that I might become fish food had not penetrated my mind.’
- ‘I sprinkle the flaky fish food into the aquarium.’
- ‘Among the developments being proposed by the ministry is the establishment of a fish food factory.’
- ‘Encouragement of aquaculture permits the depletion of wild fish stocks used for fish food.’
- ‘Kids can buy a bag of fish food and watch as a stock-tank erupts into a feeding frenzy.’
- ‘But just before becoming fish food, one of my parents guided me back to safety.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.