One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where fish are bred for commercial purposes.
- ‘The shop sells quality exotic fish, which are hand picked from their fish farm.’
- ‘Susan's husband used to be a pig farmer, but he now has a fish farm, breeding koi carp.’
- ‘Experts will try to net all the native carp, bream and tench in the lake and take them to a fish farm before putting the poison into the water.’
- ‘To start learning the business, he got a job with a fish farm.’
- ‘The water around a fish farm can become so heavily contaminated that no life can survive on the surrounding seabed.’
- ‘A similar system is used to treat wastewater from high-density ponds used for fish farming, and on a much smaller scale, in some home aquariums.’
- ‘These include poultry production, fish farming, bee keeping and goat production.’
- ‘Intensive fish farming may be sustainable, but it is not healthy, environmentally-friendly or ethical.’
- ‘Around 550 hectare area is available for fish farming in the district.’
- ‘And I think we need to distinguish between fish farming that has no environmental impacts and fish farming that has severe environmental impacts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.