One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where fish are bred for commercial purposes.
- ‘To start learning the business, he got a job with a fish farm.’
- ‘The water around a fish farm can become so heavily contaminated that no life can survive on the surrounding seabed.’
- ‘Experts will try to net all the native carp, bream and tench in the lake and take them to a fish farm before putting the poison into the water.’
- ‘The shop sells quality exotic fish, which are hand picked from their fish farm.’
- ‘Susan's husband used to be a pig farmer, but he now has a fish farm, breeding koi carp.’
- ‘Intensive fish farming may be sustainable, but it is not healthy, environmentally-friendly or ethical.’
- ‘And I think we need to distinguish between fish farming that has no environmental impacts and fish farming that has severe environmental impacts.’
- ‘A similar system is used to treat wastewater from high-density ponds used for fish farming, and on a much smaller scale, in some home aquariums.’
- ‘Around 550 hectare area is available for fish farming in the district.’
- ‘These include poultry production, fish farming, bee keeping and goat production.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.