Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A place where fish are bred for commercial purposes.
- ‘The shop sells quality exotic fish, which are hand picked from their fish farm.’
- ‘Susan's husband used to be a pig farmer, but he now has a fish farm, breeding koi carp.’
- ‘The water around a fish farm can become so heavily contaminated that no life can survive on the surrounding seabed.’
- ‘Experts will try to net all the native carp, bream and tench in the lake and take them to a fish farm before putting the poison into the water.’
- ‘To start learning the business, he got a job with a fish farm.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.