Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An eagle that catches and feeds on fish.
- ‘The osprey is often called the fish hawk or the fish eagle.’
- ‘The islands are home to many bird species, including fish eagles, ospreys and flamingos.’
- ‘You can sometimes see the beautiful fish eagle circling overhead and hear the shrieking of the brown headed parrot in the trees.’
- ‘During a few hours on the water, you are likely to see hippos, crocodiles, baboons and fish eagles.’
- ‘It measures 2.3m from elbow to elbow, the maximum wingspan of the African fish eagle.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.