One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1First of all.
- ‘So first up, what kind of show is he bringing down under?’
- ‘That means that this motion will in fact be debated first up.’
- ‘Miriama Kamo presents the mix of local and US tales - first up, a story about US swingers, and Pete Cronshaw investigates a Coromandel property developer.’
- ‘But there are some key things the most successful websites have in common - first up, they are simple, have content the people want to read and it has to be current.’
- ‘Can I just say first up that as far as the state of play in journalism is concerned, I actually think things aren't so bad.’
- ‘So first up, how long have you been working here (probably not long cos the bar's just opened)!’
- ‘They fielded well first up to dismiss the Razzle for 171.’
- ‘And when I read it first up, I thought ‘That doesn't seem real.’’
- 1.1NZ, Australian At the first attempt.
- ‘They had been beaten in the first round last year but came out strong by winning their first up match convincingly.’
- ‘A goal to midfielder Heather Garriock in the first half proved the difference as the team set about playing with a bit more flair than in their stodgy first up loss to the Brazilians.’
- ‘You would not have to undergo the painful trial and error process of learning how to shave, one of your old men could show you the correct way first up.’
- ‘Dalton says they have drawn Oracle first up which will be a good wake up call.’
- ‘But this year both have hit the ground first up with viewers, unusual for Seven and a worry for Nine if it continues.’
- ‘Of course this countries attention was on the first up game, also known as NZ v SA.’
- ‘A first up Saturday game against Sandringham gave the team an idea of what it was in for.’
- ‘Wilson had beaten Damian Smith first up, then both David Wilson and me in cover, before George knocked the ball from his hands with that despairing late dive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.