One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A posture in which the feet are placed turned outwards with the heels touching.
- ‘She instantly brings the tips of her toes and her heels to touch in sort of a first position in the air.’
- ‘Tory closed her eyes, bringing her feet together in a ballet first position, and cleared her mind.’
- ‘Stand in first position (legs together, feet forming a 45-degree V-shaped angle).’
- ‘As one, they opened their feet to first position.’
- ‘After I stretched I stood again and straightened my back in perfect posture and held my arms in first position.’
- 1.1 A position of the arms in which both are held curved in front of the body at waist level, with the palms facing the body.
The position of the hand on the fingerboard of a stringed instrument furthest from the bridge.
- ‘Toward the end of the book, the cello player needs to be able to play the forward extension in first position.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.