One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As a first point; firstly.‘first off, I owe you a heck of an apology’
- ‘Well, first off I would not recommend an over-the - counter eye drop as the preferred product.’
- ‘Now, first off, just what makes these outlandish themes reflect reality?’
- ‘Well, first off, we've got to talk about a couple of different things.’
- ‘I think first off, somebody of the things that they're planning should be kept secret and private.’
- ‘Give us a sense, first off, where these arms are primarily coming from.’
- ‘They were dying to know what it was going to look like, first off.’
- ‘Well, first off I'm going to suggest something rather radical: people need to take responsibility for their own sexual health.’
- ‘Well, first off there are some pretty sophisticated statistical tricks you can do with the data to make it more reliable.’
- ‘Well, first off, I think the prevailing theme here is it could have been a lot worse.’
- ‘Well, first off, you went and bought the book which is a first step.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.