One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Most importantly; more than anything else.‘he considered himself first and foremost a writer’
- ‘Cinema is, first and foremost, the projection of a cultural identity which comes to life on the screen.’
- ‘Like everything else Shaker, things had, first and foremost, to be practical.’
- ‘I am not a great charity giver, I, like most people, need to protect my family first and foremost.’
- ‘While she was a singer first and foremost, Tucker is loathe to choose between her two loves.’
- ‘It was an act, first and foremost, of solidarity with the victims and of empathy with their families.’
- ‘It was, first and foremost, an exercise in politics rather than sound economic management.’
- ‘We are police officers first and foremost, and that is our responsibility.’
- ‘Since then he has never looked back although he does consider himself to be a Carlow man first and foremost.’
- ‘Any preconceptions of worthiness are soon put to rest: first and foremost, this is a road movie.’
- ‘Cathedrals are, first and foremost, places of worship and are recognised as places of great beauty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.