One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Most importantly; more than anything else.‘he considered himself first and foremost a writer’
- ‘It was an act, first and foremost, of solidarity with the victims and of empathy with their families.’
- ‘Cathedrals are, first and foremost, places of worship and are recognised as places of great beauty.’
- ‘I am not a great charity giver, I, like most people, need to protect my family first and foremost.’
- ‘Since then he has never looked back although he does consider himself to be a Carlow man first and foremost.’
- ‘While she was a singer first and foremost, Tucker is loathe to choose between her two loves.’
- ‘Cinema is, first and foremost, the projection of a cultural identity which comes to life on the screen.’
- ‘It was, first and foremost, an exercise in politics rather than sound economic management.’
- ‘Like everything else Shaker, things had, first and foremost, to be practical.’
- ‘We are police officers first and foremost, and that is our responsibility.’
- ‘Any preconceptions of worthiness are soon put to rest: first and foremost, this is a road movie.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.