One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small box containing items such as bandages, plasters, and antiseptic wipes for use in giving help to a sick or injured person until full medical treatment is available.‘he swam ashore with the first aid kit to administer emergency casualty care’
- ‘Compact first aid kits are readily available on the market.’
- ‘If you are taking your pet with you while you travel, be sure to modify the pet's first aid kit.’
- ‘Make sure your first aid kit is properly stocked.’
- ‘Then he grabbed a first aid kit and wrapped the man up in bandages to stop the flow of blood.’
- ‘I've got a first aid kit in my car.’
- ‘Check that your car has safety equipment such as a first aid kit, flashlight, and jumper cables.’
- ‘A good first aid kit can help you deal with minor emergencies at home.’
- ‘He went to get the first aid kit.’
- ‘They are carrying only essentials such as a first aid kit, tools, and snacks.’
- ‘A total of 2,000 first aid kits have been distributed to Caritas Centres countrywide.’
- ‘Keep a first aid kit on hand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.