One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Happening or experienced for the first time.‘the first-ever private manned space flight’‘it was her first-ever marathon’
- ‘Voting in the country's first-ever direct presidential election is due to take place on Monday.’
- ‘It was their first-ever trip to the city.’
- ‘It was the first-ever visit by a pope to Bulgaria.’
- ‘The game pitted two teams making their first-ever Super Bowl appearances.’
- ‘She won her country's first-ever international title when she took the all-around gold medal at the 1994 African championships.’
- ‘I'm in the middle of my first-ever UK tour at the moment.’
- ‘Vijay Hazare led India to its first-ever victory over England in Madras in 1952-53.’
- ‘It was the first-ever meeting between the respective armed forces' heads since the war.’
- ‘This was their first-ever game at the new stadium.’
- ‘The Indian Foreign Minister signed the agreement in Lisbon, where the EU and India are holding the first-ever summit meeting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.