One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See first aid
- ‘It was manned by seven St John Ambulance first-aiders working closely with a squad of uniformed police.’
- ‘The first-aider in that situation can help to perhaps calm down the situation, to remove people from the situation, to get rid of different stimuli, to learn body stance, what to say, what not to say, to try and de-escalate the situation.’
- ‘They will work alongside six GPs, three nurses and more than 60 St John Ambulance first-aiders at seven first aid points.’
- ‘It may be a useful refresher for recently-trained first-aiders.’
- ‘Trained first-aiders gave her treatment and an ambulance was called and she was taken to York District Hospital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.