One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for fire step
- ‘They had dug trenches and firing steps on the gassy slope in amongst the small trees that were planted there.’
- ‘A soldier is standing on the firing step on the right with his rifle.’
- ‘You slept on the firing step, if you could, shells bursting all around you.’
- ‘‘Ready, lads!’ he bellowed, and leveled his arbalest across the uneven parapet as the others rose to their feet on the firing step with him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.