One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for fire step
- ‘‘Ready, lads!’ he bellowed, and leveled his arbalest across the uneven parapet as the others rose to their feet on the firing step with him.’
- ‘They had dug trenches and firing steps on the gassy slope in amongst the small trees that were planted there.’
- ‘You slept on the firing step, if you could, shells bursting all around you.’
- ‘A soldier is standing on the firing step on the right with his rifle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.