One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for pyracantha
- ‘Wild roses and firethorns grow there and their beauty is without equal.’
- ‘The haws are gone from the hawthorn and the berries on the shrubs such as the firethorn are bare and nothing remains save the very sour or poisonous varieties which the birds seem to be able to identify.’
- ‘Plants with unique visual characteristics such as red leaf toyon, and red berry-producing firethorn are very hardy.’
- ‘What better than firethorn to light up our view?’
- ‘Other shrubs with showy berries include viburnum species, firethorn, Aucuba japonica, barberry, cotoneaster, chokeberry and Skimmia japonica.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.