One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The chief officer of a fire brigade.
- ‘The operation was directed personally by Lothian and Borders' new firemaster, Brian Allaway, only one week into his post.’
- ‘The holiday pay deal was proposed to Central Scotland fire board by John Early, the firemaster for the area, which covers Stirling, Falkirk and Clackmannanshire.’
- ‘Scotland's firemasters have also called for the bill to become law, believing that sprinklers could make the difference between life and death, especially in care homes.’
- ‘One Scottish firemaster said: ‘I would like to see a settlement in Scotland.’’
- ‘The firemasters say they are worried about proposals by the Executive to hold the Fire Central Budget for Scotland at £7.28m for the next three years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.