One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A scorpionfish with venomous spines.
- ‘He might similarly be discommoded by firefish, I continued, which are easier to spot but no less hurtful.’
- ‘The firefish is feared by marine creatures and humans alike, due to its poisonous dorsal spines.’
- ‘Firefishes have numerous small teeth that occur in clusters on the upper and lower jaws.’
2A pink- or red-coloured fish related to the wormfishes.
- ‘Exotic juvenile fish such as firefish can be found in Camp Cove each year, but they rarely make it through Sydney's chilly winter waters.’
- ‘I was wondering if anyone has had any success with schools of fire fish.’
- ‘The Firefish is one of the more popular fish in the marine hobby.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.