One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A scorpionfish with venomous spines.
- ‘He might similarly be discommoded by firefish, I continued, which are easier to spot but no less hurtful.’
- ‘Firefishes have numerous small teeth that occur in clusters on the upper and lower jaws.’
- ‘The firefish is feared by marine creatures and humans alike, due to its poisonous dorsal spines.’
2A pink- or red-coloured fish related to the wormfishes.
- ‘I was wondering if anyone has had any success with schools of fire fish.’
- ‘The Firefish is one of the more popular fish in the marine hobby.’
- ‘Exotic juvenile fish such as firefish can be found in Camp Cove each year, but they rarely make it through Sydney's chilly winter waters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.