One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small African songbird of the waxbill family, the male of which has mainly pink or reddish plumage.
- ‘None of the indigobirds associated with red-billed firefinch were closely related to individuals associated with brown firefinch, or vice versa.’
- ‘In addition to their seed diet, Firefinches are also eager to take small insects during breeding time.’
- ‘Firefinches are best kept in an aviary even though it doesn't need to be large.’
- ‘The host species, various firefinches, started diverging from one another 7 million years ago.’
- ‘All my aviaries have compost heaps in them and the firefinches really seem to appreciate these, often spending large amounts of time picking them over.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.