One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small African songbird of the waxbill family, the male of which has mainly pink or reddish plumage.
- ‘None of the indigobirds associated with red-billed firefinch were closely related to individuals associated with brown firefinch, or vice versa.’
- ‘Firefinches are best kept in an aviary even though it doesn't need to be large.’
- ‘All my aviaries have compost heaps in them and the firefinches really seem to appreciate these, often spending large amounts of time picking them over.’
- ‘In addition to their seed diet, Firefinches are also eager to take small insects during breeding time.’
- ‘The host species, various firefinches, started diverging from one another 7 million years ago.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.