One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area in a war zone in which artillery can be massed to provide heavy firepower to support other military units.‘the soldiers in our company built a firebase’
- ‘Six North Vietnamese army battalions were massed around the firebase.’
- ‘Soldiers in a Special Forces support company often are collocated with the units they support in remote firebases in Central and South America.’
- ‘We did not have enough radios to monitor more than one network with all the firebases on the command net.’
- ‘By establishing mobile maintenance teams, the unit could rapidly deploy mechanics to outlying firebases to perform services and emergency repairs.’
- ‘And, after being relieved the following day, they set up a firebase, so they could support the rest of the battalion if needed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.