One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pitcher who throws a very good fastball.
- ‘The Mariners believe that shin splits that sidelined their fireballer during Spring Training is the reason for the his struggles.’
- ‘Hendley was a fireballer pitching for Lanier High School.’
- ‘The Boston fireballer led the league in games, games finished, and saves in 1962; was second in all three categories in 1963; and led once again in games finished and saves in 1964 while placing second in games.’
- ‘He was traded to the Detroit Tigers in 1938 and actually beat Bob Feller when the Cleveland fireballer set the strikeout record at 18.’
- ‘A new coach came on before his senior year and offered a spot on the team - not to pitch, but to mentor freshman fireballers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.