One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A building which would be extremely dangerous if a fire should start due to a lack of precautions such as fire exits.
- ‘The old wooden and crowded housing can also become fire traps.’
- ‘‘It's a fire trap, always has been,’ Chelsea pronounces.’
- ‘I have inspected the premises, and have concluded that I reside in an outrageous fire trap.’
- ‘The building is a fire trap, and the smoke alarms, which used to go off at all times, now don't work.’
- ‘For example, even Dublin Corporation, probably the most dynamic local authority in the country, is failing to deal with hundreds of properties which are fire traps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.