One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A material, substance, or action that increases the likelihood of an accidental fire occurring.‘electric wiring is a potential fire risk’mass noun ‘additional safety features reduce fire risk’
- ‘If there was any such fire risk, they had no means of knowing that it existed.’
- ‘We have less random camping as people are using the campsites, which lowers the fire risk and other damage.’
- ‘The tech company recalled up to 27,000 batteries that are suspected of being a fire risk.’
- ‘Allowing more logging that thins out the national forests will both yield valuable resources and reduce fire risks.’
- ‘I was not told that there was any fire risk on the job that I had been given on the hot wire cutting machine.’
- ‘The basin tap only produced boiling water from a roaring gas-fired boiler which looked like a fire risk.’
- ‘Our main goal was to keep the aesthetic values of the forest, while decreasing the fire risk.’
- ‘They could only afford to live in wooden houses which were a serious fire risk in a hot country.’
- ‘Halogen desk and floor lamps are fire risks; replace them with more efficient, cooler-burning fluorescent lamps.’
- ‘Evidence for bath-house structures is frequently found as they were usually constructed in stone to minimize fire risk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.