One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for girasol (sense 1)
- ‘It was a small fire opal in the shape of a triangle.’
- ‘Vulcanites, such as basalt and fire opal, will be formed within erupted magma where cooling is rapid and only tiny crystals have the chance to form.’
- ‘On the simple navy-blue dress she wore a gold brooch set with a fire opal.’
- ‘This version is a delicate confection of minute silver stems set with tiny round cabochon fire opals and shaped white opaque enamel executed en ronde bosse with pale green centers, each petal worked out individually in exquisite detail.’
- ‘Its vicious eyes gleamed like fire opals and she collapsed on the floor in tears and panic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.