One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A certificate confirming that statutory fire regulations have been complied with in a building.
- ‘At the moment the fire officer's quite happy to issue me a fire certificate on an annual basis.’
- ‘North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service is sending out more than 10,000 letters to the owners of every property requiring a fire certificate.’
- ‘It is quite clear in the fire certificate that you have to keep the means of escape clear of any combustible material.’
- ‘All the appropriate building and fire certificates have been obtained and the home has been approved by the Care Commission.’
- ‘Applications for public entertainment licenses will no longer require a fire certificate from a qualified electrician after an inspection of the wiring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.