One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A certificate confirming that statutory fire regulations have been complied with in a building.
- ‘At the moment the fire officer's quite happy to issue me a fire certificate on an annual basis.’
- ‘North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service is sending out more than 10,000 letters to the owners of every property requiring a fire certificate.’
- ‘Applications for public entertainment licenses will no longer require a fire certificate from a qualified electrician after an inspection of the wiring.’
- ‘All the appropriate building and fire certificates have been obtained and the home has been approved by the Care Commission.’
- ‘It is quite clear in the fire certificate that you have to keep the means of escape clear of any combustible material.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.